Kleinood Tamboerskloof Viognier 2023

From: R240.00


SKU: N/A Category:

Description

Kleinood Tamboerskloof Viognier 2023

A light golden wine with aromas of tangerine, orange blossom and rose.
Following through with peaches and apricot to the palate.
Additional spices along with texture create a lingering finish.

“A wine which shows restraint and focus from its acidity.”

All Kleinood wines are Vegan.
WINEMAKING RECORD

The Viognier is harvested between 22-23.50Balling. Grapes are sorted three times before they are left on the skins overnight to ensure good flavour extraction and then lightly pressed with a basket press to ensure just the right amount of phenolics are extracted. Extraction was at +-450 lit /ton. Juice settled overnight, racked and fermented in stainless steel and 1 x 500L 1st fill, 1 x 500L 2nd Fill, 1 x 500L 3rd Fill French oak barrels (12.5%), with the remaining 87.5% in stainless steel. Left on lees for 4 months.

GRAPES

100% Viognier

ASPECT

North Facing

ALTITUDE

176 m to 194 m above MSL

WINE ANALYSIS

Alcohol: 13.67 % volume
Total Acid: 6.4 g/l
pH: 3.23
Residual Sugar: 1.9 g/l

PRUNING

2 bud spurs

TRELLISING

7 Wire Perold System

CELLARING POTENTIAL

3+ years

AGE OF VINES

2001

FOOD PAIRING

The Tamboerskloof Viognier 2023 is a versatile pairing wine, and compliments anything from a perfumed curry, to fresh grilled fish, and an olive oil-drenched salad.

Additional information

Wines

Bottle (750ml), Case (6x 750ml)