After much research, pondering and tasting it was decided that de Boerin was to be a full bodied and elegant, but gutsy Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The five varieties were carefully selected to proportionally make up the parts of the blended oil.
- The oil from the Leccino variety, also from Tuscan origin, is delicate and fruity with a hint of sweetness and makes up 20% of the blend.
- 40% of the blend comes from the FS 17, otherwise known as Dwarf Frantoio. The oil from this prolific variety is fruity and and very aromatic.
- The Frantoio variety yields 20%. It brings all the intense and aromatic characteristics of a truly Tuscan variety to the blend.
- The oil also contains 8% Coratina – a very robust Italian cultivar. The fruity, peppery oil adds body to the blend.
- Delicata makes up 12% of the oil. It is ideal to tone down the more robust cultivars and because it is planted in a different terroir and area of the farm, adds complexity to the blend.